Tuesday 11 November 2014

A Day of Remembrance


Good evening!

Nothing exceptionally out of the ordinary has happened over the past week and a bit, just been leading the 'normal' student life of eating, sleeping, lecturing and repeating!

I thought I would treat myself tonight so put on my new Lush face mask, had some food and I'm now about to attempt the questions from today's exiting practical consisting of a mad rush to put cuvettes into a spectrophotometer and taking far to many readings. Hopefully I'll get some of my write up finished...if not, it can be completed tomorrow after a wonderful lie-in as I have the day off tomorrow! A first for the bioscience students this year!

Tomorrows lie-in will be even nicer than anticipated as I'll be in a double bed because Tal has finally been moved into his new room. No more being squeezed into a single bed for the two of us!

Today really is an exceptionally important day, what with it being Armistice Day or Remembrance Day. For those of you who may not know what this is, it arks the armistice signed between the Allies of World Ward 1 and Germany, to mark the end of the First World War. Today is also a day for remembering the thousands of men and women who have served or continue to serve in the Armed Forces, in wards past and present. Remembering these amazing people is very important to me having had various members of my family, close and distant, serving with the Armed Forces.

On Sunday 9th November, I was lucky to be able to parade in Canterbury with the band to help pay my respects to these wonderful people who sacrificed so much.


They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn them;
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.








No comments:

Post a Comment