Monday 26 January 2015

Finding our pet for next year....

It's been 20 days since my last blog post...terribly sorry about that. 

I've completed my first week back at uni and boy has it been busy! I've start two new modules: Human Physiology and Disease and Enzymes and Metabolism. These modules are the two I've most been looking forward too. Most people won't actually know this, but I am actually very inquisitive and love to know how things work, especially inside the human body. I've spent the past two days completing a Genetics and Evolution practical write up and it has really gotten me to dislike this subject very strongly...well I say that, but I really just don't like transduction (what the practical was based on); the use of bacteriophage P1vir to transduce a drug-resistance marker from one strain to another. 

Myself and my three future housemates for next year went into Canterbury on Friday with the intention of only going in for a few things and only staying for an hour or so. We arrived home roughly five hours later with very full and satisfied bellies! My friend Kirsty had a wonderful voucher that gave you a free, yes free, 200ml tub of body butter from the Body Shop. I am obsessed with this stuff so being able to get a free tub made me exceptionally happy; I love a bargin! I ended up getting the Honeymania, which smells divine. 
After reading an article about places in Canterbury to eat/drink in, I noticed a place called Chocolate Cafe. As the name suggests they obviously do hot chocolate, and claim to do the best in Canterbury. I gave it a try and they are correct. It was the thickest most delightful hot chocolate I have ever had (well apart from the hot chocolate my mum makes with cream and marshmallows!).
We decided to walk by our future house just to have another look (because we are all far too excited about it) and to also see what shops were along our street. We ended up spending what felt like hours in an exotic pet shop filled with the most beautiful snakes, lizards and some other creatures. I finally decided that the boa would be the perfect pet for next year; they didn't say we couldn't keep snakes! After admiring the wonderful animals, we had sushi in a sweet little restaurant along the road of next years house; it was so tasty. We all had very happy tummies afterwards! 


The wonderful Chocolate Cafe hot chocolates!


Tal's yummy tiffin

If you have a spare moment and fancy an interesting and, I hope to you, an inspiring read, check out my dear friend Megan's blog. Observations of a Fictional Girl

Until the next time,
Catherine xxx

P.S. I thought you would appreciate these pictures from back in Northern Ireland last week.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment