Sunday 1 February 2015

Essay. Essay? ESSAY!?

Mornin'!

I'm still currently in bed on this wonderful Sunday morning (it is only 10am!) but I've already been out and done three loads of washing. I'm such a great little housewife!

Over the past week, I've just been continuing with lectures and the general day to day things that come with uni life. I had my first group meeting with my academic advisor of the term on Thursday. This brought about what I was fearing the most about uni: essays. We have been set a compulsory essay which isn't due in until March but I'm still rather worried about it. I've never been one for words. One reason I started this blog was to try and improve my communication. I know, how silly using the internet! I've also never had much practice at essay writing as chemistry and physics, and partially biology never required me to write essays. Music A-level did require me o write essays but I just liked to list all the information I had in my head into one giant paragraph.

This week brought the return of the fitness classes I had taken part in last term. Monday was the start of kettlebell, which I only did once last term, and I remember why! My legs and arms were killing me after the workout but it is so worth it. Wednesday was my favourite boxfit. Our instructor seriously worked us, I honestly was not ready for it! Thursdays will be my favourite though with both Tal and I starting swimming. It's been months, possibly years since I've been swimming. I had been told in 2013 after my accident the year previous to partake in swimming as it would really help build up my muscles again without having a adverse affect on my back. So I'm finally, 3 year later, going to start; I'm so excited! A new class called 'self defence' has also started up this term which I thought would be good to try but unfortunately there isn't an instructor for it yet. Though maybe that's for the best...

The highlight for me this week has to be booking flights back home. As much as I love being away learning about what I'm passionate about, you can never beat being at home with your own bed, family cooking and my little cuddly pup Archie. It's 72 days until I'm home...not that I'm counting!

My close friend Megan lists her song of the week at the end of her blog so I thought that I would grab my iPod classic, put it on shuffle each time I write a blog and post the song that pops up, no matter how embarrassing. My hope is that some of the major throwbacks will put a smile on someones face and hopefully make their day!

Until next week,
Catherine xxx

Catherine's iPod song of the day: Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (what a song to start on!!)

Also thought I'd post the Muppets version because I absolutely love it.
The Muppets: Bohemian Rhapsody

No comments:

Post a Comment