Tuesday 10 March 2015

Me Me Me

Howdy!

You know so little about me so let me fill you in on the details!

I was born in the beautiful country that is Northern Ireland in a small rural town. I've lived there all my life and couldn't ask for a better place to live; I live with my wonderful parents, my younger brother and my smelly dog. My home is so cute and is super close to a park full of lots of ducks to feed. Both my primary and secondary school were in my town, but at opposite ends of it. I was at school for 15 years, taking 10 GCSEs and 4 A-levels; Biology, Chemistry, Music and Physics (until AS).

One of my major loves in live, beside my family and friends of course, is music. I've played the flute for 13 years and the piano for 15 years. I've been a member of far too many musical groups and ensembles and completed my ATCL diploma on flute in 2014 and I am trying to continue my piano until I can hopefully reach the same level. Another love in my life is animals. I am very lucky to have a pet in the house; a mad lhasa apso called Archie. I've loved animals all my life: I'm almost certain that I have my amazing grandfather to thank for that, after watching various westerns with him, talking about animals and always being around animals when we visited him. I started riding horses when I was 9 and haven't looked back; it is one of the best things I ever did (thanks mum and dad!). I've had a number of falls, a few worse than others, but I have always got back in the saddle; even if it has taken a year to do so!

Science is something that has always fascinated me. I was always that annoying child that questioned everything. I have to know why things work, including within the human body. This love of knowledge stems from the vast majority of my family due to their various occupations in healthcare and engineering. Listening to them explaining anything was almost hypnotising for me. Getting to learn something new was always exciting. Due to this love of science and everything to do with the mammalian body, I decided to do a degree in Biomedical Science. The course is a challenging one but it is one of the best things I have ever done in my life. Getting to learn even more about the invisible processes that happen within and around us is brilliant, and getting to do modules on physiology and diseases, well don't get me started on how great that is!

If you're interested in finding out more, tell me in the comments what you would like to know, or what other things you would like to appear in my blog.

Until next time,
Catherine xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment